I found a windmill in Holland!

Monday, October 10, 2011

For my Benefit

"The Lord gave another message to Jeremiah. He said, “Go down to the potter’s shop, and I will speak to you there.” So I did as he told me and found the potter working at his wheel. But the jar he was making did not turn out as he had hoped, so he crushed it into a lump of clay again and started over.

Then the Lord gave me this message: “O Israel, can I not do to you as this potter has done to his clay? As the clay is in the potter’s hand, so are you in my hand. If I announce that a certain nation or kingdom is to be uprooted, torn down, and destroyed, but then that nation renounces its evil ways, I will not destroy it as I had planned. And if I announce that I will plant and build up a certain nation or kingdom, but then that nation turns to evil and refuses to obey me, I will not bless it as I said I would." - Jeremiah 18:1-9

It is my desire to be a vessel that God is pleased with. You and I can attempt many things for God, but it is HIM and HIM alone that is the source and shaper of our destinies. When we are torn down....it is for our good. Not to destroy us, but rather to shape us into people that HE is pleased with. He shapes us so that we can stand before HIM one day to hear HIM say "Well Done". That's what I live for.

Today, I choose to believe that Brokenness is for my benefit.


No comments:

Post a Comment