I found a windmill in Holland!

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Happy New Year 2011!!!!

New Year's is my favorite Holiday. I love the freshness of a new year with no mistakes in it. I know that we are to live rightly everyday, but I love the thought of a new start. A new year with nothing written in it yet. This year, I started celebrating early by attending a birthday party for my friend Lorrie. She has been on bed rest for over a year with a severe health issue. A few of us gathered to celebrate her life and hang out. Happy Birthday Lorrie!! You are a special lady and I admire your strength.
One of the things that I love about my job is getting to entertain alumni from Crossover. I love when they come to Denver so that I can show them around. Amber Satterfield came to visit for a week around New Year's, and we had a great time with her brother. We went to Red Rocks Amphitheater on the coldest day of the winter thus far. The views from there are breath-taking (Or maybe that was the 9 million stairs to get to the top!?) :)
We brought in the new year by attending a "Mafia" party at the home of Alex and Alisa Wood.


Many people dressed up as Mafia and there was even a victim in costume! It was super fun to ring in the new year with fun, laughter and friends.
We also spent a lot of time with Crossover friends playing games, shopping, sledding, playing Basketball, and bowling.
I had a new adventure a couple of days after new years. I know it is not a big deal to some people, but I had my first ever Oyster. Zo was a trooper and took one with me. It was a "true bonding experience!" haha!!
Happy New Year to all! May God's richest blessings follow us and show us more of His love in 2011.


No comments:

Post a Comment