I found a windmill in Holland!

Friday, August 19, 2011

Thankful

I can count on one hand the number of times that I have been scared on a plane. Nervous, yes....jittery...sometimes....but almost never scared.

Last night, I was afraid. I was so excited to come home from South Africa. We had a really productive and FUN time in Durban with new friends Merieke, Mary and others. However, after traveling for a month, I was just excited to get back home and be in cell phone range again. I confess that much of that is because I want to be back in contact with my team members from TOUR A. Anyway, once on the plane, they told us that the flight would be 15 hours and 45 minutes. I was shocked! That is by far that longest flight I have ever been on.

Once we were in the air, it became very clear that it was not going to be a restful flight. We were in the last row and there was so much turbulence that we were literally shaking for about 14 hours. There were moments where the jolting was so strong that I would wake up from a shallow sleep and pray until I could drift back off. They changed altitude several times, but apparently the Atlantic Skies were not happy to have us.

I am SO happy to be back in the states. When we landed in Atlanta, I said "THANK YOU JESUS"...out loud. Troy just nodded. I don't think he was able to doze very much. I know for certain that God is not finished with us yet! We could have been fishy food in the middle of the ocean, but God brought us back to earth. ;-)

Perhaps it is so that I will still be around when my Cub (Amanda Sanders) moves to Denver in January?! There is a plan...I know it!

Blessed to be alive!!! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment